Monday, January 24, 2011

Carving a life

This is my Mom and Dad.  I lost my father when I was 10 years old.  My Mother is now 90.  I often wonder what my life would have been like if I still had two parents.  My parents divorced several years before Dad died and it turned my world upside down.  I have heard that it takes a lifetime to get over your childhood and that has been the case.  I'm still working at it.  Moving back to my home state has brought up a lot of memories and not all of them are bad. 

I often dream of having loving parents but that was just not the case.   There is a song that says "A child's hurts are carved in stone" and my sister talks about "carving a life for herself".  I think about that word "Carving".  It is a word that denotes hard work and creating a life for yourself with few tools is very hard work but we are strong and we do it.  My five siblings are strong because we had to be.  We all have different damage and memories but I am so proud of our strength.  We are all creative in are own way.  Being creative is such a blessing and that has been a gift.  Our strength we earned with hard "carving".


No comments: