Saturday, January 1, 2011

Curiosity

It's 2011!  Happy New Year friends and family.  This morning I was perusing the web and Oprah's OWN was everywhere.  I clicked on Diane Sawyer and I hear her say "always wake up curious".  It has been just lately that I have liked that part of me.  Growing up, it was "children are to be seen and not heard".  Asking questions was forbidden or frowned upon so I learned, not only to not ask out loud, but to not ask internally.  Lately I have been asking:

What if I tried....
What if I did this or that....
Am I the best person I can be?
What do I need to change?
What are my priorities?
What makes me happy?
What makes me sad?

So.....Like my friend Dabs, I ponder alot!  Mostly when I am creating art.  My art room is a serene, peaceful place and it is quiet so I can hear my thought and hear that small, still voice inside of me. 

May this year be a turning point for those that need it and a spiritual growth spurt for those who least expect it. 

No comments: