Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's Wednesday and We are out of Fruit and other Random Thoughts

The days are going slower.  Jim is still really sick.  He went to the doctor yesterday and had a fever and chest/ear infection.  Now he is on meds and hopefully getting better.  Yesterday a big box arrived from Overstock.  I wish I had had my camera close by.  I looked over to see Jim holding his pocketknife over the box that read "Do Not Open With Sharp Instrument"!!  I had ordered a new Mattress pad for our King sized bed.  It survived the pocket knife.  Ok, we are out of fruit.  I have been trying to plan enough to get down to near nothing in the fridge by the time we move on Monday.  We are starting to eat really weird.  But, I must run to the store this morning because we are out of fruit.  At our age, we cannot run out of fruit.

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I would undoubtedly have done the same thing as Jim (though I don't have a pocket knife so I'd have used a pair of scissors or a kitchen knife, believe it or not). Hoping the fruit also helps Jim get better!

Unknown said...

Jim is better. Thanks. I have a habit too of forging ahead without reading instructions and having to go back and fix the damage. LOL